I’ve always been fascinated by statistics and surveys, so the Mulley Communications survey on Irish teenagers’ digital habits makes for some interesting reading.
You can download a copy of the report directly from their site.
Here are some of the highlights:
* 14% have a part-time job
* 28% spend their money on socialising, 27% on phone credit
* Gig tickets and music is what teens buy most online
* Most teens use their parents credit card or laser to buy online
* Phone is the most treasured item of teens
* Teens are not downloading all their music for free
* Most music recommendations come via friends
* Nearly half of teens use the online TV players from media organisations with 40% streaming TV and over ⅓ watching via playback services
* 44% of teens are on Meteor
* Nokia are the most popular phones, the iPhone is the most desired
* 74% access the Internet on their mobiles per month
* Communicating with friends: 56% via text message, 38% via Facebook, Phone call 28%, Email 27%
If you want to find out about how they conducted the survey they’ve provided a lot of detail on their blog.